Noble Grape 25 Years of Memories Contest
Full Rules and Regulations
Open to residents of Canada
2. SPONSOR & CONTEST PERIOD: The Noble Grape “25 Years of Memories Contest” (the “Contest”) is sponsored by The Brew Guys Limited (the "Sponsor"). The Contest commences around March 29, 2018 and will end at 11:59:59 PM AST on April 26, 2018 (the "Contest Period").
3. ELIGIBILITY To enter the Contest and be eligible to win a Prize, a person (“Entrant”) must, at the time of entry, be a resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence. Specifically excluded from entering the Contest are: (i) employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and advertising and promotional agencies of the Sponsor, and each of their respective subsidiaries and affiliates; and (ii) a member of any such person’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the person or not). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse.
4. HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase is Necessary. At anytime during the Contest Period visit https://www.noblegrape.ca/pages/25-years-of-memories-contest (the “Contest Website”). Fill out the entry form to share your story relating to the Sponsor. Upon doing so, click “submit” and your Story will be submitted to the Contest Sponsor and will be considered an official entry (the (“Entry”) into the Contest. A person may enter only once during the Contest Period and the Story associated with each Entry must be unique.
5. ENTRIES: Limit of one (1) Entry per person. You may only use one (1) email account to enter the Contest. Any person who is found to have entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or who has submitted more than the number of Entries permitted by these Official Rules will be disqualified. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete Entries, which will be void. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of posting an Entry is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries must be received during the applicable Contest Period in order to be entered into the applicable judging process. In the event an Entrant posts inappropriate content, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, he or she will be disqualified. Any Entries that do not satisfy the requirements set out below will be removed and be ineligible for entry into the Contest.
6. PRIZE PERIOD When the Contest Period ends all eligible entries will be submitted to the judging process. The results of the judging process will be announced on April 30, 2018 at 4:00 PM AST. The grand prize draw will take place on May 1, 2018 at 2:00 PM AST.
7. FORMAT AND CONTENT: Each Entry must:
- be in English;
- be no more than 250 words in length;
- be sent through the website submission form;
- be relevant to Noble Grape;
- be intended for family audience viewing and contain only content that, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, is suitable for all persons;
- not contain any nude, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content of any kind whatsoever;
- not contain any content that promotes any product or service other than that of the Sponsor;
- not contain any language suggesting or encouraging illegal activity;
- not contain anything that infringes or that may infringe anyone’s rights, including intellectual property rights;
- not contain any personal information;
- not contain any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands, logos or copyright, other than those of the Sponsor;
- not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the eligible Entrant) or third party content that may be subject to and protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to music, artwork, video and photographs;
- contain entirely original materials that have never before been distributed, shown publicly or published, or selected as a winner in any other contest;
- not contain any reference to or likeness of identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and such individuals are of the age of majority.
8. PRIZES: There will be a total of twenty-five (25) top story prizes available to be won and one (1) Grand Prize. Each top story Prize consists of one (1) Wine Poke valued at $39.99 (CDN). Limit of one (1) top story Prize per person during the Contest Period. The total value of all top story Prizes is $1,000.00 (CDN). There will be one (1) Grand Prize consisting of:
- Round-trip economy class air transportation for the winner and one (1) Guest to Toronto, Ontario from Halifax, Nova Scotia or Fredericton, New Brunswick.
- Hotel accommodations for four (4) consecutive nights for the winner and his/her Guests at a hotel selected by the Sponsor (one room, double occupancy, room & tax only);
- One (1) full-size rental vehicle for up to five (5) days (vehicle and rental tax only), subject to eligibility. Driver must be at least twenty-five (25) years of age, possess a valid driver’s license and major credit card, and meet the terms and conditions of the rental agency. Winner will be responsible for any associated additional rental costs (including but not limited to insurance, gas, GPS);
- Two (2) wine tours at Peller Estates Winery.
- One (1) Peller Estates Winery Restaurant Gift Card valued at $200.
- Two (2) distillery tours at Wayne Gretzky Estates.
- One (1) $200 Visa Gift Card
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Trip: $3,000 CAD (based on sample Halifax departure).
Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution, are not transferable, and not for resale. The trip must be taken within 5 months of being awarded. The Sponsor reserves the right, in the event that a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute another prize of equal or greater value, without liability.
9. JUDGING PROCESS: A panel of judges appointed by the Sponsor will judge all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period on the basis of: (i) individuality; (ii) creativity; and (iii) quality (collectively, the "Criteria"). All Criteria will be weighed equally. Each Entry will be given a score (the “Score”) by the judges. The Entrant associated with the Entry that received the highest Score will be deemed to be the selected Entrant for the applicable top 25 Prizes (the “Selected Entrants”). Odds of being selected as a Selected Entrant depend on the caliber and number of Entries received during the relevant Contest Period. Judging will be completed in Halifax, NS by 2:00 PM on April 30, 2018 (the “Judging Process End Date”).
10. The Sponsor will attempt to contact each Selected Entrant by sending an email to the Selected Entrant’s provided email address associated with the potential winning Entry within two (2) business days of the applicable Judging Process End Date. The Selected Entrants associated with the email address must provide his/her contact information including full name, email address, and telephone number within three (3) business days so that a declaration and release form (the “Release Form”) can be issued.
The Selected Entrant(s) does not reply with his/her contact information within three (3) business days; or (b) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time, then he/she will forfeit his/her opportunity to be the Selected Entrant(s) and the Entrant with the next highest Score will be selected for the applicable top 25 prize, or a new entrant will be drawn for the grand prize and so on until there are no more eligible entries in the applicable Contest Period.
11. Each Selected Entrant will also be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of notification the Release Form, which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Official Rules including eligibility requirements; (b) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (c) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents and associated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the potential Prize winner’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; and (d) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the potential Prize winner’s name, address, voice, statements about the Contest, photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast and the internet. Each Prize will be available for pick up at the applicable winners PREFERRED NOBLE GRAPE STORE within one (1) day of receipt and verification of his/her Release Form to the address shown on the Release Form (and subject to compliance with all other condition and requirements provided in these Official Rules).
12. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering the Contest, Entrants (i) confirm compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
13. GENERAL: The Releasees do not assume any responsibility for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with these Official Rules; (ii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by an awarded Prize or the Contest itself; or (iii) any failure of the Contest Website during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading any material connected to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
14. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with (i) the laws of the Province of Québec and the laws of Canada applicable therein in respect of residents of the Province of Québec, and (ii) the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein in respect of residents of the other Canadian provinces/territories, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest could be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
15. The Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, the Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to terminate the Contest.
16. FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct and awarding of the Prize in this Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
17. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including, but not limited to point of sale, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: The Sponsor is committed to respecting entrants’ privacy rights. Any personal information collected for this Contest shall be used by the Sponsor solely for the purpose of managing and administering this Contest. Any personal information collected will be handled in strict accordance with the Privacy Agreement found at www.noblegrape.ca and all applicable privacy legislation. The Sponsor will not sell an entrant’s personal information collected for this Contest to any third parties.